The PSAT/NMSQT(Practice SAT test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) is a program co-sponsored by the College Board and National Merit Scholarship Corporation. The Janesville School District will offer the PSAT on
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 from 7:30-12:00 at the
Pontiac Convention Center
2809 N. Pontiac Dr.
● 10th, or 11th grade students may take this test.
Students who answer YES to any of the following questions should consider taking the PSAT/NMSQT:
1. Do you plan on taking AP classes and would like to know what the likelihood is, that you will score a 3 or higher on the exam-before you even take the class?
2. Do you plan to take the SAT in the future?
The PSAT/NMSQT is first hand, practice for the SAT test.
3. Are you currently in 11th grade and have earned mostly A’s and B’s, OR score well on standardized tests?
11th grade students could qualify for scholarship opportunities their senior year
4. Do you want to see how your Reading, Math, and Writing skills compare to other students in the country?
5. Do you plan on attending college?
The PSAT/NMSQT results will help you know what academic areas you need to work harder on so you will be successful. Students will have free access to personalized Khan Academy Resources.
● The cost of the test is $18.00
There is a limited number of spaces available. We will take payment until all the spots are full. I recommend paying early, if you plan to take the PSAT.
● Accepted payment is:
Cash or Check (made out to the School District of Janesville or Parker High School) Students may pay during their Lunch time(to the fee collectors starting Wednesday, September 12
● Any 11th grade students that qualify for free and reduced lunch program, should First contact Student Services. There are a limited number of fee waivers. They are only available to 11th grade students and are on a first come first serve basis.
● After students have paid, Student Services will contact them and handout the Official Guide and Practice Test. It will state on the guide what students should bring on testing day. The day of the test, Students are expected to have their own transportation to the Pontiac Convention Center and should return to Parker. Students should arrive at the Pontiac Convention Center by 7:30. The test will end at approximately 12:00. There will be a lot of students taking this test, so it is difficult to give an exact end time. Students should return to school at 1:08 to attend 8th th hour. It is possible that this time may change. Any updates will be given to students before they leave the building on testing day.
● For more information from College Board on the PSAT
and select Prepare for the 2018 PSAT/NMSQT
● If you have any additional questions please contact Jen Leneau at 743-5655 or stop in Student Services.