Parker Arts Academy is a new curricular pathway that provides extensive study and training in the Fine Arts.
Beginning Fall Semester 2021!
Hear from School District of Janesville administrators and Parker Arts Academy staff about the exciting opportunities for you!
Eligibility for Parker Arts Academy:
- Students grades 9-12 during fall semester 2021 may participate.
- Students must be enrolled at Parker High School or attend Arise Virtual Academy with Parker High School as their home school.
- For open enrollment information contact Open Enrollment Specialist, Deen Hartley - email@example.com.
Parker Arts Academy Curriculum:
Study what you love! The curriculum will focus on voice, technical theatre, musical theatre, acting, dance, music theory and more.
This pathway provides students: Training with professional staff, college/career preparation, and opportunities to utilize creativity. Students will work independently and collaboratively while developing a sense of community. Plays and musical theatre productions will serve as opportunities for students to perform and practice technical theatre skills learned in Parker Arts Academy.
What Will a Typical Day Look Like?
- Four periods of the day will be spent in core courses. The remainder of the day will be spent in Parker Arts Academy courses and study.
- All Parker Arts Academy courses take place at Parker High School.
- Students enrolled in Parker Arts Academy take one elective course within Parker Arts Academy or other elective area of their choice (visual art, foreign language, instrumental music, etc.)
- Students will participate in theatre and musical theatre productions.
Where Are They Now? Hear from former Musical Theatre Program Graduates!
Parker Arts Academy will provide students with skills and experience that prepare them for any path they choose to take in their future.
This program builds confidence and public speaking skills, teaches teamwork and professionality, and provides students opportunities to prepare for both college and career.
Watch "Where Are They Now?" video to hear from former graduates of Musical Theatre programming in The School District of Janesville about how they utilize skills they learned after graduation!
Parker Arts Academy Staff:
We are thrilled to welcome two new staff members to the PAA Team!
Both staff members were selected from a pool of highly qualified candidates and bring a wealth of experience and passion for the performing arts. We proudly welcome:
Megan Burkart (Acting)
Carlynn Southard (Dance)
How to Enroll in Parker Arts Academy:
All students must complete the online application form, and submit either an essay or a video. (Link to application form provided below.)
- If students choose to write an essay, they are to respond to the prompts provided on the application form. To submit an essay, attach the essay in an email addressed to Jan Knutson - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If students choose to create a video, they are to respond to the prompts provided on the application form. To submit a video, either attach the video to an email addressed to Jan Knutson, or upload the video to the Google Drive, and share the file with Jan Knutson - email@example.com.
Virtual Open House Information:
There are no Virtual Open Houses planned at this time. For more information about Parker Arts Academy, please contact Jan Knutson directly - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan is more than happy to answer any questions you may have, and tell you all about the opportunities waiting for you!
Purchase Show Tickets:
Click the link to purchase tickets online for Parker Arts Academy shows: www.Parker-Arts.com.
Parker High School is renowned for outstanding theatre/musical theatre productions.
See below, photos and videos of past productions!