Extreme Heat Advisory/Warning
As a reminder, please consider these safety tips:
- Never leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids even if you do not feel thirsty.
- Avoid extreme temperature changes.
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Postpone outdoor games and activities.
- Use a buddy system when working in excessive heat.
- Take frequent breaks if you must work outdoors.
- Check on family, friends and neighbors who do not have air conditioning.
- Check on your animals frequently to ensure that they are not suffering from the heat.
Look for community cooling centers in Janesville: Hedberg Public Library, Janesville Mall, Mercy Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital
Here is a link to a WI Dept. of Health Services Heat Safety video: https://youtu.be/6ZnQcWGfoNA